Sunday, October 16, 2011

Grocery Shopping




I had an interesting time grocery shopping this weekend. But before I go there, I must tell you that I went and saw my Jenny Craig counsellor yesterday and I ended my time with the program. I hate saying quit - more like taking a new direction/path. I wasn't happy with the program and wasn't losing much weight. Also since the retreat I really felt like I needed a new direction. I am going to continue to wear the body monitor band on my arm which tracks calories, steps, sleep, and exercise levels. Just as a monitor of what my body is doing and how it's performing.


So, since I am no longer buying Jenny food I had to make my first real trip to the grocery store in a few months. I find the grocery store to be so intimidating sometimes. There are so many options to choose from and so many ways that I could steer myself the wrong way. So I went in armed with a simple question - "How do I feel after I eat that food?" It helped me to get past the sweets isle and donut isle. What an accomplishment!!! It really helped out a lot and I walked out of the store feeling empowered and good about my selections.


Now, the next step is to figure out how to eat nutritiously and cook for myself. I find this hard to do as a single person. I just don't take the time to prepare real meals for myself. Instant gratification is what I am looking for after a long day at work, the gym, walking the dog, etc. So this is the next thing I have to figure out for myself in the coming weeks.


Life long journey though. I don't have to have it all figured out today. Practice, practice, practice.


Have a great day all!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment