Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Just a quick note....

Hi Everyone!

I have been so incredibly busy at work and with the Humane Society that I haven't had a chance to write. I have been thinking about it though. That counts right?

Here are how things have been going with my practice:

Eating Guidelines
1.) Eat when hungry. (Doing pretty good with this one. I still have my moments, but for the most part I am just eating after a few hunger pains.)

2.) Eat sitting down in a calm environment, not in car. (I think for the most part things are calm. I don't eat in the car unless absolutely necessary.)

3.) Eat without distractions. (well you saw my last post. This one is pretty tough. I like watching TV and having dinner. So I have to work on that)

4.) Eat what your body wants. (I have been doing OK with this one. Sometimes my head takes over and I want cupcakes, but for the most part I have been eating protein, veggies and some fiber)

5.) Eat until your satisfied. (I think this is tied to #3. When I am not distracted I know I eat less. I am not however eating like crazy with no stopping. Even tough I may eat more than I would if not distracted, I am rarely stuffed after I eat.)

6.) Eat (with the intention of being) in full view of others (still trying to figure this one out. I guess it's not hiding food. )

7.) Eat with enjoyment, gusto and pleasure (I am trying to slow down my eating, put my fork down between bites, and enjoy the bite in my mouth. It's a change from the normal rapid fire shovel down the throut. So I am working on this one).

Work in progress. Things are going pretty well though. I feel in control for the first time in a long time. I am so happy I went to the retreat! I feel so much better!! Hope everyone is doing well with their journies!

No comments:

Post a Comment