Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Hormones Suck!!

About 6 months ago my pharmacy decided that it would be a great idea to switch me from my normal pill to the new generic that was available. Well that was the start of the upheaval. I hated the new pill and went through a bunch of changes. I recently asked to go on my old pill again. Now my hormones are adjusting to going back on that pill. For 2 pills that are supposed to be identical I can tell you that they aren't. I am exhausted!!! And can't focus on anything. I skipped the gym tonight because I was so tired at work that I really thought I was going to fall asleep. This morning I woke up, got the animals fed, had some breakfast and then crawled back in bed for 30 minutes. This is crazy!! My hormones are all over the place. I wish guys could understand what we go through with rising and dipping estrogen. It sucks so much and is so intrusive on my life.

It really doesn't help your resolve when all you are craving is carbs. And I mean craving! Anything for a boost of energy. Which of course is only a temporary fix and it just makes it worse in the end. So, going to limit my carbs for a few days to try to rebound from this and get back to some natural energy.

Well, signing off now at 6:00 pm to go to bed. :o(

1 comment:

  1. I concur. Hormones suck. I am not a huge PMS sufferer, but every so often, I am on an emotional (aka psycho) roller coaster than can only be the cause of hormonal swings. Good luck adjusting!

    ReplyDelete