Thursday, May 20, 2010

What to do?

I am not sure how to handle my compulsive addiction. If I were an alcoholic or drug addict I would know that I could not ever touch my addictive substance again. I wouldn't see drugs and alcohol every other commercial, smell it when I drive down the road, and know that I have to eat to live. I am not saying that other addictions are not tough as hell to break. I can only image with how tough mine is what it is like for drugs or alcohol.

So do I cut my most favorite trigger foods from my life forever? That hasn't seemed to work long term at any point in my life.

I have read some things lately that say - don't restrict anything, just start listening to your body and eat whatever you want ONLY when you are hungry and STOP when you are no longer hungry. Well GEE why didn't i think of that 30 years ago. I mean it does make very good sense though. I just need to figure out how to listen to my cues of hunger and fullness. I can't gorge on all kinds of things whenever i feel like it. I know today for example. I had a big lunch and tonight I didn't really need too much to eat for dinner. So this can be done, but it is very, very scary to let go of "dieting".

Soooooo.........what to do? What to do???

I can figure this out!!

No comments:

Post a Comment