Sunday, January 15, 2012

Cold Turkey?

I have been thinking recently about what "going cold turkey" means to a person struggling with food addictions. With drugs or alcohol you would go cold turkey by not touching either substance. But my addiction is also necessary for my survival. Going cold turkey with food is not possible.

I have tried to go "cold turkey" with some of my favorite binge foods. I end up just going crazy with other food that is around. So that doesn't work all that well.

My latest thought is to focus on the main eating guideline from Geneen - eat when you are hungry. I was focused on this before the holidays and I lost a bit of focus over the last few weeks. So I am getting back on the band wagon and am going cold turkey - no more food in my mouth without feeling hungry.

Now, all this talk of turkey, I think I am hungry. :o)

1 comment:

  1. I am trying to do the same thing. Question, does Geneen ever discuss the need to eat at a certain time because it has been so long since you have last eaten (you know, that whole "don't get too hunger" and "keep your blood sugar level even") or should you strictly eat only when you are hungry?

    ReplyDelete