Monday, January 2, 2012

Happy New Year!!

Hi Everyone!!

Well - I am glad to be in 2012!! The end of last year was not the best per my previous posting and I am looking forward to the new year. With everything that has been going on I haven't been really great about focusing on myself and my practices.

I have been reading a book called The Happiness Project. It's about a woman that took a whole year to focus on different aspects of her life in an attempt to increase her overall happiness. I love the idea and how she went about her project. It was a lot of small changes over the course of a year and not an attempt to make a million sudden changes.

I have been thinking that I would like to try a similar approach this year, but call it my Health Project. I want to focus on several things this year:

Following my eating guidelines
Getting more sleep
Regular Exercise (Going to the gym 3 times per week)
Drinking 64oz of water
Cutting back on caffeine
Meditating regularly
Reducing stress with more organization in the house
Eating more fruits and vegetables, less fake foods (processed)
Taking a multi-vitamin
Watch less TV
Limit salt intake
Adopt a better skin care program

So what I need to do now is organize myself a bit and figure out what tasks I am going to focus on the different months. Step 1 for me is the Eating Guidelines and really paying attention to those and getting back on track. More to come on my plan!

Happy New Year! Here's hoping that this is the best year yet!!

No comments:

Post a Comment