Monday, December 14, 2009

Jealous

OK - so the emotion I am feeling now is jealousy and envy. I am also feeling under appreciated and a bit helpless. I am feeling this way because of work today.

I am bringing this up because I really want to eat right now and I had to get this off of my chest before I went into the kitchen to prepare dinner. I think in the back of my mind I recognized this feeling as a trigger all along but never really took the opportunity to stop this pattern.

I am now seeing that I use food in these situations to make me feel full again for at least a bit of time. I was out walking my dog earlier and I kept feeling this way and then I thought about food and it distracted me and allowed me a moment to think about something else. I think a lot of times its more about the thought of the reward an less about the reward itself. I think about food and it makes me feel better. And then of course I start craving it so I go out and get it.

I have done very well for a whole week and I want to continue this path.

I am not going to let something that is out of my control at work send me to the refrigerator for more food than I need. That doesn't solve the situation at all.

I will remain strong and in control.

No comments:

Post a Comment