Sunday, December 6, 2009

Holiday Crazy

Well, my eating has been slipping out of control lately. I know what I am doing, but continue to do the same thing over and over again. I am not following the steps that help me gain control and my weight is going up and up. I am so unhappy at the moment. This is crazy.

I feel like I am just keeping myself in this pattern for some reason because I know I have quite a few holiday events coming up where I may not be in control of my eating. So might as well just make myself totally out of control up until that point. Which is crazy. I can go out and have a good time and still be in control.

Control starts now!

I mentioned a book I have been reading in my last post. I think it is a wonderful book and highly recommend it. I have made it to the section that lists what needs to be done to cut out hypereating. And it is going to take work. It always takes work. There are no magic pills. The main thing I have to do it come up with rules. And stick by those rules. It is going to be hard, but if the rule is set I must follow it. It's not a day to day thing. It's a decision that needs to be made and stuck with. So I am going to be writing out my new rules of eating. It may be in a couple of different blogs as I start to come up with them. once I am done I will re-write in another blog.

Here are the rules I have thought of so far -

1.) I can only eat 5 times a day with nothing in between timed meals and snacks.

2.) Meals at restaurants are a protein, vegetables, and one single starch

3.) No candy, cakes, or processed sweets

4.) All main meals are a protein and a vegetable and sometimes a starch

5.) The only food I can eat is what is written down for the day. I cannot deter from the plan.

I know it sounds a bit rigid, but at this point I think it may be the only thing I can do to gain control. Just as it says in the book, saying "just one bite won't hurt" is not working for me. AT ALL!!!! I can't control it unless I have hard and fast rules. So I am going to start tomorrow.

I can do this!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment